So many people spend their health gaining wealth, and then have to spend their wealth to regain their health! – A J Reb Materi
There are two ways to look at the prospect of building your health:
- It is a necessary evil and you must do it
- It is a great experience and the end results are well worth every ounce of energy and determination you put into it
If your head is in #1, then the diet and trips to the gym will be seen as just another thing that you ‘have’ to do. You will also probably not stick at it for long and lapse into your old ways.
Attitude #2 is the one that will produce long-term sustainable results and also have you enjoying your new-found youth.
Let’s begin by dispelling some myths and getting down to the basics of looking after yourself.
- “I have a weight problem.” No, you have an ‘attitude towards yourself’ problem and some bad habits!
- “Obesity runs in our family.” It may do, but it’s not hereditary. What runs in your family are poor eating and lifestyle habits.
- “What I eat determines my weight.” Not always. There is a direct link between weight gain and activity level. Inactivity is actually the biggest cause of weight gain and obesity in most developed countries.
Whether you are clinically obese or just plain overweight and not exercising, the first thing you need to adjust is your attitude, and in particular – your attitude towards yourself.
The good news is that this is a simple process. And guess what? It uses a principle that you already know about, goal-setting. Yes, it’s all about goals. Remember, to change past conditioning requires you to repeatedly do things differently. When you’ve done them 20-30 times, they become your new habits and you would have (in the process) successfully displaced the old ones.
In order to start the change process you first need to ask why and then keep asking why until you have at least 5 or 6 great reasons to change.
Ask yourself the following:
- What is my goal? (SMARTE)
- Why do I want to achieve it?
- What will the result look like?
- Why is it important to me?
- Do I have a burning desire to change?
- Am I prepared to put in the time and effort to achieve it?
- Who do I need to share it with?
- Who can support me?
Ready to get started with more tips and practical ways to take care of yourself? Click the link below to register now!
Both available at…